What is Mid-face Augmentation surgery?
Mid-face augmentation (or paranasal augmentation) is a minor surgical procedure that lifts up the nasolabial folds around the nose to improve the depressed sunken mid-face area. It is commonly called as “noble surgery” in Korea as the result gives a sophisticated and youthful look.
Ideal Candidates for Mid-face Augmentation:
- Interested in achieving a beautiful side profile
- Concerned of a sunken mid-face area around the nose-mouth area
- Concerned of a protruded mouth
- Would like to add a detailed aesthetic achievement while having a rhinoplasty
- Would like to have a youthful appearance
- Would like to get Mid-face Augmentation without rhinoplasty – simplest way
How is the procedure done?
An incision is made inside of the mouth or nostrils to insert the implant. Then the implant is fixated with medical thread, and the incision is closed by suture. The procedure is done alone or recommended to do it together when undergoing rhinoplasty.
What is the downtime?
There is no downtime after the procedure alone. There may be some swelling and bruising for 2 weeks.
1. Be careful not to irritate the incision area for the first week of the surgery. Make sure to gargle your mouth (also please be careful when brushing teeth) after a meal to avoid inflammation.
2. Smoking and drinking can slow down the recovery so please avoid for 3 weeks after the surgery.
Here is an illustration which can give a better explanation.
Free online consultation available at firstname.lastname@example.org
VIP Plastic Surgery Center, Seoul, Korea