In the last several years, one of the hottest medical trends specifically in the aesthetic industry is PRP. It seems this procedure is mentioned in many magazines. Doctors use PRP to increase facial rejuvenation, help heal scars, promote quicker healing after cosmetic surgery. Is it really effective? Or are there better alternatives? At VIP, we recommend stem cell fat grafting as we believe it is more effective than PRP. Find out the differences between PRP vs Stem Cell Fat Grafting.
PRP vs Stem Cell Fat Grafting: What Is It?
What Is PRP?
PRP is known as stem cell therapy. In cosmetic surgery, a doctor uses the patient’s own blood plasma to heal, renew and regenerate the skin. Human blood has different elements such as plasma and platelets. Doctors utilize platelets for repairing injuries. The reputed benefits of PRP treatment are 1) regenerating collagen, 2)skin tightening, 3) refinement of skin texture and tone etc.
- Microneedling to decrease blemishes and scars
- Injections under the skin to restore volume and collagen to the face (Vampire Facelift)
- Facelift surgery where PRP is placed under the surface of the skin
PRP: The Procedure
- Nasolabial folds
- Forehead wrinkles
- Dark, under eye circles
- Wrinkly skin
We find stem cell fat grafting more effective.
What is Stem Cell Fat Grafting?
Stem cell fat grafting is a procedure where a doctor utilizes pure fat and autologous stem cells for various indications. Unlike traditional fat grafting, stem cell fat grafting can give a longer lasting result because it slows down the fat reabsorption rate.
The steps are:
- The doctor will take out fat from fatty areas of the body
- The doctor will place the fat in a centrifuge. This centrifuge will filter pure fat.
- Blood from the fat tissues will be placed into a smart stem cell extraction system. This system will harvest high concentrated stem cells.
- The doctor will mix the pure fat and stem cells together
- The doctor will inject the fat into the skin.
We utilize stem cell fat grafting for the for patients who are interested in the following:
- Younger and more voluminous face
- Breast or hip augmentation with autologous tissue
- Improving their deep laugh lines
- Improving sunken areas under eyes
- Plumping up their flat face
- Want long lasting results compared to traditional fat grafting
PRP vs Stem Cell Fat Grafting: Which is Better?
At VIP, we have found that stem cell Fat Grafting is more effective that PRP for our patients. For the reason that our patients who have stem cell fat grafting :
- Get more natural results
- Get more enhanced anti-aging results (more volume, less wrinkly skin)
- Look younger
- Have longer-lasting results
- More satisfied than the ones who have had PRP
To find out more about our stem cell fat grafting, please contact us.
Whatsapp / Kakao: +82 10-5059-6626