VIP Plastic Surgery Clinic leads the industry in autologous tissue research in Korea. One of our mottos is “plastic surgery without plastic”. As a result, we are proud that we have extensive experience in using natural materials. These natural materials are freshly taken from a patient’s body to achieve the best natural result. This means that when a patient gets surgery from us it is almost undetectable. Why do we strongly support the use of autologous tissue and how do we utilize it? Scroll below and find out these answers.
Why Autologous Tissue & Natural Materials?
According to dictionary.com, autologous tissue is ” Of or relating to a natural, normal occurrence in a certain type of tissue or in a specific structure of the body. Of or relating to a graft in which the donor and recipient areas are in the same individual.” Per the definition, autologous tissue is a natural material. Consequently, one of the main benefits for a doctor to utilize autologous tissue is that it has the lowest possibility of infection. In addition, natural materials have the best possibility of adapting to the patient’s body.
Autologous Tissue: Cartilage Grafts in Rhinoplasty
At our clinic, we prefer using natural cartilage grafts over the other choices: synthetic nasal implants. Our doctors harvest cartilage from the patient’s body, alters it and places it back into the body. In rhinoplasty, cartilage grafts come from the ear, nasal septum or the rib. A doctor uses cartilage grafts to replace absent cartilage or straighten the nose. Rib Cartilage graft is used to build the foundation of the nose or when too many nose surgeries have been done. Although some synthetic materials may have a low risk of infection, there may be other cons. With synthetic nasal implants such as Medpor or Goretex, the tissue grows into the implant. This makes it harder to remove the material if this is the case.
Autologous Tissue: Volume Fat For Fat Grafting
In the mid 2o’s, people start to lose elasticity in their skin. This results in forehead, temple or cheek depression. One of the best methods to combat these signs of aging is autologous fat transplantation. In this procedure, a doctor removes the extra fat from fatty areas such as stomach or thighs, purifies the fat and transplants it back into he the area of the body that is absent of fat. We particularly like this method because :
- Unlike fillers, fat comes from the patient’s own body so the chances of getting an allergic reaction are minimized.
- Fat transfers are safe, long-lasting and look extremely natural
- Many patients prefer this because it is a noninvasive method for facial rejuvenation.
At our clinic, we use autologous fat for :
- Facial Fat Transfer: The ideal candidate for this is someone who has facial creases, smile lines, crow-feet and laugh lines. Sunken areas and Acne scars can benefit from fat transfer. We perform volume fat grafting and stem cell fat grafting.
- Breast Augmentation: The ideal candidate is someone who is interested in increasing the size of their breast could be a good candidate for this procedure. However, the patient should have a good foundation: i.e. the breasts must have a nice shape and not sag.
- Breast Implants With Fat Grafting: A patient who is getting breast implants and wants an augmentation and needs to shape their breasts
- Buttock Augmentation With Fat Grafting: A patient who wants a fuller, more rounded butt.
Contact us to learn more about why we are the leading autologous tissue center in Korea.
Whatsapp / Kakao: +82 10-5059-6626